Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Aidilfitri Trip - Singapore (Part 1)


Assalamualaikum and salam sejahtera!

On the second day of Syawal, my family and my uncle's family joined forces to organise a day trip to the city of lion, Singapore. Since we were all in Johor Bahru at that time at my grandmother's house therefore it was quite was quite easy to go to Singapore. It's not that far. 

After having breakfast at my grandmother's house, we drove and parked our car in JB City Square which is located just opposite JB Sentral. Then, we walked on the bridge towards the JB Sentral to board our bus there. Don't have to pre-book the bus because bus services from JB to Singapore are very frequent. The most popular bus service is Causeway. Before boarding the bus, we had an immigration check and had to go through security scanner.

We took a bus to Kranji, it only cost RM 1. Actually be boarded the wrong bus as our initial intention was to board a bus to Queen Street. If you board the one to Queen Street it will cost RM2 - 2.50. Yes, quite cheap and very affordable. The journey to Kranji only took 20 minute.

At the Kranji MRT Station, we bought tickets to Orchard which cost $3.30 if I'm not mistaken. From Kranji to Orchard the journey was quite long. Almost one hour after passing by less than twenty MRT Stations. Oh ya, this trip was joined by 12 people. Ramai jugak kan.. Hehehe.. Imani was sleeping at the earlier part of the journey. Arissa however became very active. People on the MRT always looked at us. Pongpangpongpang.. Lol

Kranji MRT Station platform

Imani's having fun in the train


We arrived at Orchard MRT station at noon. We window shopped at Ion Orchard first before heading outside to the Orchard Road. Ion Orchard has a lot of exclusive shops and retails. We had a quick visit in Muji where they sell Japanese stuffs especially home appliances. We went to the food court downstairs but the food all look so not halal and very was-was. I also managed to take a brochure of Harry Potter: The Exhibition. This exhibition was held in Marina Bay. It really attracted me but after thinking for a few time, I gave it a pass. I already went to Harry Potter Studio Tour in London during summer this year. It should be enough.


Orchard MRT Station

Girls' Generation yawwwww



Ion Orchard


Colourful statues







Kriukkkk kriukkkk perut berbunyi. We had our lunch at Ayam Penyet Ria which is located in a mall across the road. My uncle dropped by Levi's Store to buy a couple of jeans. He said it's hard to find his size in Malaysia thus when he found them here, he just grabbed them. Two jeans for $180. Quite cheap I guessed? I don't know since I don't wear Levi's. In UK, they sell it at 3 for £100 at Livingston Designer Outlet. Then we walked inside an underground pathway to cross the road.

Ayam Penyet Ria




Ayam penyet

Soda gembira, milo & blueberry drinks

Air batu campur (ABC)


We arrived at Ayam Penyet Ria and waited for a while because it was quite full at that time. After waiting outside for a few minutes, we finally was called inside. I ordered ayam penyet with rice and soda gembira. The ayam penyet good but the sambal was a bit spicy. The soda gembira was a total failure. It tasted weird and it really didn't match the flavour with the one I had in Indonesia. Gagal laaaa... But the air batu campur was good. Sedap je bedal Mak Induk punya. Hehehe.. I'm not sure about the price since they didn't put the price on the menu. Plus, I'm not the one who paid. Lol

After satisfying our hungry stomachs, we bought several souvenirs from many shops nearby. This mall is full of souvenir shops. So just survey which one sells cheaper souvenirs but with good quality. I bought nothing since I already bought a lot of Singapore souvenirs last year during my trip with Lukman and Emie.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Countries Visited