Friday, March 9, 2012

Family Trip - Edinburgh


As soon as we reached Glasgow, we walked back to my hall to get prepared for our next trip to Edinburgh. Since we were going there by train, we had no problem in determining what time we should go. Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh runs every 15 minutes. After having lunch and performing our prayer, we headed to Glasgow Queen Street Station by taking cab. I usually just walk there, but this time we took cab because my grandmother tagged along. 

It took only 40 minutes from Glasgow to Edinburgh Waverly by train. Journey by bus normally takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to reach Edinburgh. Train could be cheaper than bus depending on the ticket types. Groupsave ticket only cost £24 for 4 person (for day return), but single ticket cost about £12 one way. See the difference?



Our first destination was souvenir shop. I showed my family the usual shop that I used to go because the souvenirs there are quite cheap. It is actually a bookstore The Works. They sell 3 t-shirts for £20 which is quite cheap. I don't think we could find that price in Glasgow. My family bought some t-shirts and keyrings for self and relatives.




After we finished our shopping, we headed to Travelodge Edinburgh Central located at St Mary Street. The room cost £26.50 per night which is also quite cheap and worthy as it is located in the city centre. After that, I brought my brother out to take photos at the Edinburgh Castle while my parents stayed at hotel to accompany my grandmother.

Due to road construction, several roads in the city were closed and limited. Even the road in front of the castle was affected. We had to adjust our angle so that the constructions stuffs did not enter our photos. It was dusk when we reached the castle.




We bought dinner at Mosque Kitchen take away. I ordered a couple of meat curry with rice (£5), chicken curry with rice (£4.50), naan bread (£1) and shwerma kebab (£3).

On the next morning, I brought my mother and brother to Hard Rock Cafe to buy some more souvenirs. We even went to The Works again to buy last minute souvenirs. Then, we went to Kitchen Mosque again to buy our lunch.



After having a quick lunch at hotel, we took our train back to Glasgow. We reached Glasgow safely and I feel grateful to Allah for giving me chance to see my family here, alhamdulillah... Not just only my parents and brother, but my lovely grandmother as well. What a strong lady.. XD

InsyaAllah, I will be going to Edinburgh again next month with my brother and sister-in-law.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Countries Visited