Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cuti-cuti Malaysia



My first travel for this semester break:
Kuching, Sarawak

Participants : My parents, me and my younger brother

Flight : Now Everyone Can Fly (very true!), Air Asia



Saturday [17 Oct]

Today was Deepavali day. So, HAPPY DEEPAVALI to all Indians in Malaysia! Have a great celebrtation, I'm going to have fun traveling in Kuching today!

We took the earliest flight, about 7.10 am. Slept all along the way to Kuching. Zzz...


Checked in hotel first, Harbour View Hotel, nice hotel I tell u...

Have our late breakfast, or perhaps brunch at Chillipeppers.


Went to Pasar Satok to grab some stuffs, like kek lapis Sarawak.

ulat sagu.. Sarawakians eat them.. I wonder if that apply to Duwe and Fyruz.. lol.. :p

Dropped by Q-Mart, which is a shop own by peladang, selling Sarawak organic food such as black peppers, beras bario and othe things.


Strolled around Kuching Waterfront. Just ambil2 angin near the river.


Touring around the city, walking to several streets looking for interesting things to buy.

Dinner at stall number 25 [Bukit Mata] at Top Spot. This spot is quite popular among locals and tourists for their seafood. Our menu today were nasi putih, sup ketam, butter prawn, ikan goreng blackpepper, midin goreng belacan and ikan siakap stim.


Sunday [18 Oct]

Wake up early again today.

Breakfast at the hotel cafe. A lot of food choices! Eat a lot a usual...

Took a taxi to Serikin, about one-hour drive from Kuching. It's actually located near a border between Malaysia and Indonesia.


Bought several things; t-shirt and bag. My mom bought a lot of things such as kain batik, telekung and dresses. My brother bought a pair of sunglasses.

Met my mom's friend there, Cikgu Roselina. We already planned to meet there actually. She was once my mom's colleague at Shah Alam, but later, she followed her husband to Sarawak.


Stopped for a moment at lombong emas Bau. The lombong was not active anymore.


Lunch at Sate Ceko. Tried the nasi ayam penyet. I was spicy but really tasty! Got sate sold here also, but we didn't try one.


Rest for a while at hotel. Zzz...

Dinner at Top Spot again, but different stall. This time, Muslim Seafood [no.3]. Not many choices as yesterday.


Walk around the city [or town?] with my brother at night. Jalan2 at Parkson.. Bought some toys.. hehehe...



Monday [19 Oct]

After having breakfast at the hotel, we went to Kg Boyan by taking a perahu tambang acroos the river.


My mom bought kek lapis again. There's a plenty of choices here such as Peppermint, Cheese, Cadbury, Masam manis, watermelon and a lot of other flavours.

Then, we headed to The Spring, a shopping mall located at Kuching.

Went to Padini, Parkson, Speedy, MPH and several toy shops looking for things to buy, but ended up buying toys again. Lol..

Went to Cat Museum. It's quite far from the city. Because it was my second time here, so I just walked inside without reading any information. Just waiting for my mom to buy a good quality and design t-shirts here. Things sold here will be donated to orphans.

Lunch ad RNR Food Center at Petra Jaya.

Went back to the hotel for final packing.


After getting enough sleep, we all headed to the airport.

Meet Cikgu Roselina again since she had to pass SPM exercise papers to my mom.

Dinner at KFC with my brother. My mom just kirim a whipped potatoes and I bought a burger for my dad. My parents are not so into fast food.

Finally, bye-bye Sarawak.


p/s : This was my 4th times travel at Sarawak.
1st : with my mom's collegues 2nd : with Along & alin 3rd : with Mak Induk, Pak Su and Siti 4th : this time..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats up everyone


just signed up and wanted to say hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...

Everything about horse betting

Successful horse race wagering takes a degree of skill and research. Unlike most sporting match ups where you have a fifty-fifty chance of winning by random choice, with an average field of 8 horses, the horse player only has a 12.5% chance of winning by chance. Let's put fun into the sport for the casual fan. A two horse match up takes wagering on horse racing back to its earliest and simplest form; "I bet my horse can beat yours!" But there's no need to stop there, horse racing offers a myriad of options for wagering; which horse will be in the lead at each point of call, which jockey or trainer will have the most wins for the day, and how about betting a horse to lose. These are just a few options that come to mind.
[url=http://www.pulsebet.com]horses bet[/url]
Horse racing is one of the world's oldest sports. It is followed world wide with ardor and passion. The aspect of betting, adds a flavor to the races and people are turned into millionaires over night. Money flows in and out of hands in this sport making it exciting and thrilling at most times.

Perhaps the most important factor is the distance of these races, the Derby is a mile and a quarter (10 furlongs), the Preakness, a mile and three sixteenths (9.5 furlongs) and the Belmont at a mile and a half (12 furlongs) is the longest of the three. The horses that survive their attempt at the Triple Crown will seldom, if ever, compete at these distances again. And yes, survival is a consideration. Many Triple Crown hopefuls are never able to compete again after the Belmont, even potential superstars such as Smarty Jones in 2004.

[url=http://www.pulsebet.com]online horses[/url]
Sweetnorthernsaint ridden by Kent Desormeaux was favored to win the Derby, but finished a disappointing seventh by 13 lengths. That though, after a bumped start and being steadied before finally tiring. With a lifetime 3 wins out of 7 starts, all 3 have come this year, and the shorter distance of the Preakness might be more to his liking.

Anonymous said...

However, the banking Internet sector has exploded in the past five years.

This banking Internet option has been very popular not only for customers who want to have some control over their account without having to go to the bank but for banks as well whose man hours have been freed up from performing simple tasks like balance inquiries, account transfers, and the like because the customer does it himself with banking Internet.

Banking Internet options also include virtual banks.

This is amazing and makes traveling a lot less stressful as well because with banking Internet you always know where your account stands.
[url=http://pcinternetbanking.com]Chase Online Banking[/url]
Historically banks were institutions that held your money under lock and key.

The banks also benefit from a lesser need for staff due to the migration to internet banking where customers serve themselves.

Others will also enable you to set up online banking by simply transferring your funds by check.
[url=http://pcinternetbanking.com]Internet Banking[/url]
Internet banking has revolutionalized banking with immediate global access to your bank accounts using a secure internet connection.

Anonymous said...

Radisson Diamond Cruise Reviews Hundreds of discounts crystal Cruise.

Anonymous said...

So I did it -- bought myself a [url=http://www.ordio.com.au/products/Fatman-iTube-ValveDock-Carbon-Edition-2.html]Fatman iTube Carbon Edition 2[/url] and I am very glad to report that I am pleasantly surprised. I actually listened to one at a friend's house several months ago and just couldn't get that music out of my head because it really truly surprised me. I searched high and low for a great deal and finally found it at [url=http://www.ordio.com.au]Ordio[/url] in Westfield Bondi Junction. I called them up first and asked a bunch of questions and everything was answered to my satisfaction so I went ahead and made the purchase. Dispatch was fast. Everything was perfect. I'm pretty darn happy and I'm playing it right now. Not sure if they dispatch outside of Australia but you won't be sorry if they do.

Outstanding...

Paulie

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog! I actually love how it is easy on my eyes and also the facts are well written. I am wondering how I may be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Countries Visited