Sunday, July 20, 2008

Girls' Generation aka So Nyeo Shi Dae [SNSD]

Maybe some of you don't know who are Girls' Generation or So Nyeo Shi Dae (SNSD). Well, I can introduce them to you in this post. SNSD is a girl band from Sout Korea under SM Entertainment. The debut in late 2007 which means they are quite new in the music industry. The members include Yoona, Tiffany, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Taeyeon (the leader), Jessica and Sunny. You can find more information about them in Wikipedia or in their official website http://girlsgeneration.iple.com.

Back row (from left) : Sunny, Yuri, Tiffany, Sooyoung, Seohyun
Front row (from left) : Taeyeon, Yoona, Jessica, Hyoyeon


Their first album titled Girls' Generation was quite a success. This album contains 11 songs which are:
oo1. Girls' Generation
oo2. Ooh La-La!
oo3. Baby Baby
oo4. Complete
oo5. Kissing You
oo6. Merry-Go-Round
oo7. Tears
oo8. Tinkerbell
oo9. 7989
o10. Honey
o11. Into the New World

Besides, they also recorded several soundtracks for certain movies such as Touch the Sky, If (Taeyeon solo) and Little Boat. They also recorded Love Melody song for Winter SMTown. Jessica, Seohyun and Tiffany also recorded Oppa Nappa (Bad Oppa) song. Into the New World also gets its own remix.

SNSD also seen often in Korean TV shows such as Star King and Star Golden Bell. I've watch these shows in Youtube and they are very funny. Even though they were attacked by many controversies, I will always support them. I don't what others say about them. I just happen to like them. Well, people tends to make mistakes. So, I don't blame them if they do anything wrong. Besides, they are still in young age which is about my age.

I think not many Malaysian knows about SNSD. This is because Korean music is not really promoted here. We need to search in the internet to find out about Korean music. For me, I don't really have interest in Korean music at first but later, I was influenced by my friends which are Badd and Azery. After I was introduced to SNSD and Wonder Girls by Badd and Super Junior by Azery, I started to search for more Korean groups in the internet. Later, I found out about TVXQ and also Big Bang. Now, I forced myself to like them but it requires a lot of time to have interest in a certain group.

Here are some of their music videos from SNSD famous songs.



Into the New World

This is the first single from SNSD. I really love this song. The dance is very interesting. At first I think this is a sad song but after watching their live performances, my first impression was totally wrong.


Girls' Generation

Even though Into the New World is their first single, but I know this song (Girls' Generation) first. The dance for this song is cute though.


Kissing You

This music clip featured Donghae from Super Junior. They are all so cute with their lollipops! Donghae is so handsome in this video.



Baby Baby

Baby Baby is the last single from SNSD before they ended their first album promotion. Even though that this music clip is official, but it's looks like a video combination made by fans.


Oppa Nappa

Oppa Nappa is also called roomate single by fans. This song is sung by Jessica, Tiffany and Seohyun or JeTiHyun. This video is very simple but yet sweet.


I heard that they will be releasing their new single in this month along with Super Junior. I'm hoping tho hear their new single soon.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Countries Visited