Oh no no no! It's a big NO!
I'm not a stressful person. Even though I will be having a difficult time (eg: tests, exams etc), I will never let myself stress.
My friends said that I'm a carefree person. Never feels stress about test or exam. It's kinda true. I never show any signs or symptoms of stress in front of my friends. That's because I'm a happy-go-lucky person.
I'm grateful because God created me like this. At least people won't get stress when they see me stress.
Here are some tips how to overcome stress that I found on wikiHow.
- Quick Relief Stress. Breathe, Smile, Visualize, Evaluate, Fight. ✓ Maybe not Fight!
- Take a deep breath.This is your first, most immediate defense against stress. If you can get in the habit of pausing and taking a nice, deep breath every time you feel stress beginning to take hold, you'll have won half the battle just by preventing it from taking over. The other half is won by addressing the causes of your stress. ✓ I'm always breathing.
- Communicate. Whether you talk to a friend or talk to your cat, getting it off your chest will help a lot. If you don't feel like talking about it, write it down. Keep a journal and write down whatever it is that's bothering you. Writing is a therapy of its own. ✓ Talk to family members especially Arissa.
- Laugh. Rediscover your sense of humor by making fun of your situation. View it from your future self's perspective, telling this story to a bunch of your friends over pizza and soda. Crack some jokes. Do your goofiest impression. Tickle a child that you love. Laughter, whether it's yours or someone else's, is the best medicine--and it's contagious! ✓ Laugh with Arissa.. Watching Arissa can make me laugh =D
- Get Fit. Perhaps your health and appearance are stressing you out, but even if they're not an issue, being physically fit can directly help relieve stress, which exists on both a mental and a physical level. Sometimes there's nothing like a long run, an intense yoga session, or a fresh swim after a stressful day to help you feel relaxed and stress-free again. Also, exercise releases endorphins; a feel good hormone. Chocolate releases endorphins as well (just only in moderation)! ✘ for execise, Lukman is not around, so I have no jogging partner, ✓ for chocolate!
- Be Organised. For the most part, stress arises from feeling overwhelmed. There's just too much to do, and not enough time to do it. Being organized and getting your priorities straight can help you break responsibilities down into manageable pieces and focus on the things that really matter to you, rather than getting caught up in details and creating extra work for yourself--all of which leads to more stress. ✘ my desk right now is not organised, quite messy. I didn't make a study timetable as well. So not organised ok!
- Soothe the senses. Light a scented candle that has a calming fragrance like lavender. Listen to your favorite, most relaxing music or, better yet, go somewhere that you can listen to wind rustle through trees or waves crash on the beach. Enjoy the scenery, whether you're outdoors or viewing an art exhibiton. Drink some warm tea or taste--really taste--some dark chocolate. Treat yourself by getting a massage or, if you want to be alone, take a bath (bubbles are recommended). ✓ for scented aromatherapy, ✓ listening to music, ✘ go somewhere to hear wind rustle through trees of waves, ✘ viewing art exhibition, ✘ drink tea, ✓ drink milo!, ✘ massage, ✓ take a bath twice a day.
- Be aware of your choices; you always have a choice. ✘ no, I don't have a choice. EOS is compulsory!
- Learn to say no; you cannot do everything you are asked. ✘ how can i say no to EOS? I can fail what...
- Learn how to delegate. ✘ I tak paham... haha...
- Be Thankful. It does wonders for your state of mind. If you need to apologize to someone, and it will not make the situation worse, find a way to do so. More importantly, learn to forgive , particularly to forgive yourself. Guilt adds pain to stress. ✓ Alhamdulillah..
- Do Nothing. That's right, folks, do nothing at all. Close the door, open the window, have a seat, and take a little break from life. If your mind is racing, learn to meditate and just let that stress go. ✘ cannot do nothing.. got a lot to READ!
- Listen to music. Listening to music does wonders and is a great way to relieve stress, if it is not something that'll make you feel worse. Listen to good songs that get you in a happy mood; and just forget about your problem. Music is known to be a significant mood-changer and reliever of stress. Ocean sounds tend to simulate calmness and serenity so, listening to a sound machine while lying down could help. ✓ Listening to Kpop and some English songs most of the time..
So to all my friends, GOOD LUCK for EOS4!
7 more days to come!